Amid the news of Aircel facing financial difficulties, many telecom tower companies who tie-up with Aircel has cut the network service. Due to this, lakhs of Aircel customers across India are facing issues such as frequent call drops.
In case, you also have an Aircel SIM card and want to port your number to any other service provider such as Airtel, you can follow the process given below
In case you have want to port Postpaid number
- First of all, open your message box and type PORT space and your 10-digit mobile number. Here's an example, suppose your mobile number is 88XXXXX290, they your message should be - PORT 88XXXXX290. Send this message to 1900.
- Once you sent this message, you will get to reverts. Once, for the confirmation that you are willing to port your number and second message will come a few hours later with a Unique Port Code (UPC).
- In case you are porting a prepaid Aircel number to Airtel Prepaid SIM, visit the nearest Airtel store along with your Aadhaar Card and other supporting documents such as address proof.
- Provide your porting code UPC and document to the store. Once you submit all these details, you will get a new Airtel SIM with same number.
- Your Aircel SIM will get deactivated in few hours. After that you can start using your new Airtel SIM.
In case you have want to port Prepaid number
- Call the Airtel customer-care or visit the online website to select the best plan for you and confirm details.
- Airtel will send a representative to you at your convenient time.
- Provide Aadhaar details & UPC code to Airtel representative. He will give you a new Airtel SIM card.
- After few hours your Aircel SIM will get deactivated. Now, insert the Airtel SIM.
- asked 4 years ago
- Gul Hafiz