When there is a need for business management and ensuring the growth and success of a company, there are different solutions that can come forth to provide a helping hand. Businesses these days want to have a better solution for ERP and CRM as well. With the help of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Business Central, they can assume the best for their companies.
If you have a business and you are thinking of migrating from GP or Great Plains Software to Dynamics 365 Business Central, there are many who would say that this is a fantastic idea. However, we would say that it is time to stop for a bit and think about the choices that you are making.
Are you definitely certain that you want to have this upgrade right now? We have an obligation right here to inform you that in case you choose to migrate, it might be too late to migrate back if you ever have a change of mind. While there might still be a chance of this being possible, there isn’t a sure-shot way of ensuring that you will get guaranteed success with the entire process.
Why Migrating From GP to Business Central is A Bad Idea?
One thing is for sure, we don’t really want you to regret the purchase that you have made. While for some companies it might be a good thing to actually migrate from Dynamics GP and move to Business Central, it might not be the actual case for you. Since the needs and requirements of every single company are different from one another, their goals might be different as well.
Hence, having the process of migration of Microsoft Dynamics GP and moving to Business Central might not be an ideal solution for your team and company. Strategic planning and migration are essential for any company’s growth as well as success. So, you need to make sure that the choice you have made is the right one.
There is a pretty huge possibility that you might have heard about the different benefits that are related to the migration process from Great Plains or GP to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central. Of course, there are different reasons why this process is considered to be simply the best one for most people. However, there are certain reasons why staying where you are on Great Plains or GP might be the right option. So, we would want you to ensure that you are completely ready to make the migration process successful.
Hence, we are trying to provide a particular reason why migrating from GP to BC will be a good option for sure. Hence, you need to read this blog in detail if you want to know what would be perfect for your company in the first place.
Reasons Why Not Migrating From GP to BC Is a Good Idea?
We are asking you to not just look at this particular list but also stop and properly think about everything in detail. You need to give proper thought to the reasons that we have provided below. So, you need to check whether these reasons are enough for you to migrate from GP to Business Central in the best way or not.
You need to make sure that you are asking yourselves some very important questions such as what made you think about the migration or whether this migration will be helpful for the company or not.
So, finally, here is the list that we have been talking about for a very long time.
- It might be a bit expensive to migrate from GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central in the first place.
- You as well as your team might not have the time required to embark on the migration process. It might lead to problems in the company in the first place.
- You also might be used to utilizing Microsoft Dynamics GP and it might be the easier option to choose.
- You might not like change just like some of the other users.
- Microsoft will definitely continue providing support to GP for more than 5 years starting from now.
- With the help of GP, your business processes will be supported really well
- There is a slight possibility that all the 3rd party apps and tools you have in the company might not be supported with Business Central.
- Since Business Central is a product that is completely different, the process of migration will definitely be a bit more than the upgrade from GP.
- There is a chance that things might change with the business that you have and also there might be some problem with the new migration.
- There is always time to migrate later if you don’t do it now.
So, these are some important reasons why migrating from GP to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central might not be a good idea for your company. Make sure you choose everything wisely.
- asked 1 year ago
- John Smith